Friday, April 26, 2013

Birthdays with Bling at Polka Doodles!!!

Goodevening all, or should I say morning, or perhaps afternoon? It does get confusing sometimes with all the time differences around the world especially when clocks jump forward or back for daylight savings...
So it's time for a new challenge at Polka Doodles and I chose the theme Birthdays with Bling because today is MY BIRTHDAY! My boys gave me breakfast in bed, and gave me my presents then my youngest wrote on a card and asked me for some money!!! He then gave me the card and money, said happy Birthday then said, "now you can buy us those green drinks for dinner"! Isn't he just the cutest?? I had a few friends over last weekend to celebrate, so tonight my boys and I are having take away for dinner (which is a treat for us) and watching Wreck it Ralph!! Then tomorrow I will spend the afternoon with my sister!!
So you are here to see what I created for this week's challenge - Birthdays with Bling!! I bought a watch at a market over Christmas and it didn't come in a box so I found one lying around the house and put the watch in it... Then we were asked at Polka Doodles if we would start doing tutorials for all our fabulous followers so I decided to deccorate the box and boy did I excel!! I just love it and al though I could reuse it I don't know that I want to.. I just love the way it turned out!!!



This is one view!!

And another!!
Front View
Back view
 

All the papers are from the Fredericka mini CD collection from Polka Doodles. The images and sentiment are from the Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD Rom. I then added all the embellishments - twine, buttons, rhinestones and kindyglitz!! Plus I used some doodle dew drops from Polka Doodles also. If you would like to see more pictures of my gift box and how I put it all together then head on over to the Polka Doodles Blog for all the details!!!
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
* Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
* Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
* Sisterhood of Crafters - Free for All
* Crafty Boots - recycle
* Stamps and Fun = Creativity - Little gift
.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Alethea! Fantastic altered box! Cute images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday greetings.

    Fabulous decorated box and such cute little images.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice thanks for joining us at sfc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday greetings Alethea.

    Your box is just adorable and love the cute owl.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That box is just amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!