Thursday, May 2, 2013

His and Hers online class!!!


Recently I left a comment on The Stamp Spot blog for some blog candy and I was the lucky winner!! (Thanks Michelle) Lucky because the prize was the His and Hers Online Card Class with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.. To say I was excited would be an understatement!! Well today  is day three of the classes but I have some cards to show you from day 1 classes.. (I'm still playing catch up!!)
I used a sketch that Kristina based her cards on to make  her his and her cards!!!. I have learnt heaps of new ideas and techniques already and am looking forward to learning more!!!
So here is my take on the sketch:

Her card:
For this card I wasn't sure what I was going to use as Kristina used a flower stamp for her card but I don't have any large flower stamps, so decided to use this flower that I have had for ages and didn't know what to do with it!! I have sprayed it with some vanilla shimmer smooch spritz but you can't really see it, then added  the button!! I used part of a flourish just to add to the flower. Then I inked some vellum with a pink ink, let it dry then stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment!! I wasn't sure if that would dry so for a bit of added extra I added some acetate over the top of the vellum - joining them with the eyelets. I then wrapped a piece of the vellum around the purple cardstock and stuck the sentiment on, then just added bit of twine to finish it off!
 
 His card:
And for my His card I tried to use some of the things I learnt from Kristina making her "His" card. I used this tan coloured card and wanted a grungy background but I don't have any background stamps so I decided to ink up one of my Tim Holtz embossing folders and press the card onto that!! I think it turned out pretty good!! I then just inked around the edge also!! I used a white gel pen to draw the inner lines around the card!! I die cut this circle and used a Til Holtz embossing folder to emboss it!! Then I used Adirondack paint dabber red pepper and pool and some gold Kaisercraft paint to give the circle some colour! For the sentiment I painted some white card stock with the pool paint, then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment! To finish off the card I added the star!!

I was really happy with the way both these cards turned out... not the kind of cards I usually make but will be sure to from now on!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!