Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lil Lolita Creates 4 Fun

Since I started this blog I've found myself participating in more challenges. But  now I'm making less cards as I'm wanting to make my creations just as good as the other entrants in the challenges. I really love the way my cards look but sometimes think I don't have enough on them.. I really am a less is more kind of person so as you will notice I don't have tonnes of layers but is it enough???
Yesterday I bought Lil Lad "Frankie Frankenstein" from Tickled Pink Stamps at my boys request.. He is part of the new set of digi Lil Lolita's that was just released.
I actually had no intention, when I started making this card, of entering it into any challenges . I needed some guidance so I decided to look at the sketch from The Sweet Stop blog and start from there. As I was putting the finishing touches to it I thought I'd just have a look at what the challenge was this week at lil Lolita's Boutique challenge. And as if by fate the challenge was to use the colours purple, orange and black. So i thought what the hey, I may as well enter it. And while I was sitting at the compuetr an email came through from Create for Fun for their challenge this week and their challenge is to use a digi stamp so... bingo can enter that one too... So now that I have entered into five challenges this week I think I might finish making cards for a friend who ordered some awhile ago!!


Turned out pretty good didn't he!! You can't tell in this picture but I actually made the webs shimmer with some pearlized top coat smooch..

Ingredients
paper: graphic 45 and bazzill
image: tickled pink stamps
coloured with H2O's and aquacrayons

Until next time, Enjoy!!

8 comments:

  1. WOW Alethea, this is really so awesome and very spookalicous hehe, I love your buttons and papers and those cobwebs look so cool!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at LLB!! and btw it doesn't really matter how "other" people do their cards, what matters is how YOU do you card, because its all about YOU and your style!!! :-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well to start I have to second KArens comments. Your cards done your way is what it is all about!! And i think you have done a great job with Frankie! Love his eyes! very striking!!!Andyour spiderweb looks awesum!
    Great job and thanks for joining in with us at LLB this week.
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think this card needs anything else! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, beautifly coloured Frankie.
    Thanks for join us this week at LLB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card and a great layout - wonderful! Thanks for playing along in the challenge at Lil Lolita Boutique this week. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW GREAT IS THAT CARD!! oooh I love it and I love what you have done! hmmm might have to borrow that one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card and it is so hard to accessorize a male card but those buttons do a great job. I love that Tickled Pink have brought out a Lil Lad, it is great isn't it. Thanks for joining us this week at LLB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Our first Frankie entry! Gorgeous card, fabulous use of the colours.
    Thanks for visiting the boutique this week!
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!