Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Blogaversary to me!! A Card! And a Health and Fitness challenge Update!!

It's my one year blogaversary today... where has the last year gone!!! I will be celebrating with some candy but I'm a bit unorganised and haven't got it all together yet but stay tuned as I will post it in the next few days!!
Anyway, I'm here to share a card with you today that I'm really excited about because it's been over a week in the making but I think it was worth taking the time to create it!!
But I guess you can decide for yourself!!


I just love these faeries from Emerald Faerie Garden and they are wonderful to colour!! I coloured them in with Tria markers going with a brown and blue colour scheme!  I used Kaszazz DP and CS, embossing the tan. I used some Martha Stewart ribbon, found the most perfect digi sentiment (which was exactly what I needed to bring the card together) and then added the rest of the embellishments!  I distressed around  the edges of the sentiment with walnut stain and stormy sky distress ink and to finish it off stamped out a couple of butterflies!! You can't really see in these pics but I have also used glitter pens on the wings of the faeries, mushrooms and on the butterflies!!
So what did you think? I hope you like it!!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Flutterby Wednesday - Anything Goes
* The Paper Shelter - Embossing
* Digital Tuesday Challenge - Fairy Wishes
* My Time to Craft Challenge - Just Between Friends
* Craft Your Passion Challenges - Anything Goes with a twist (flowers)
* Incy Wincy Designs - Make your own Flowers
* The Crafty Pad Designs - Blue and Brown
* Craft Your Days Away - Make your own Flowers
* Creations by Gill M - Anything that flies
* Cuddly Buddly - Vintage, Distressing and Flowers

Before I go, I thought I'd update you on my Health and Fitness challenge progress. I'm into my second week and have been working hard!! I have lost 2.5 kilos to date so well on my way to my goal weight of 62 kilos. Yesterday I did an upper body workout and boy do my arms hurt today made worse by a workout in the pool today!! I have been doing my Metabolism Booster exercises every morning and still eating well!! Tomorrow I'll be working on my lower body!! Will keep you posted weekly on my progress.!!

28 comments:

  1. beautiful creation and great use of the button theme, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some new candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous card, love the combo
    thanks for playing with us at cuddly buddly this week
    hugs
    céline CBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and super shades of blue and brown. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card hun love it thank you for joining us this week at cuddly buddly for our fab challenge

    Wendy CB DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely stunning card! I just love every little detail on it!
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Blue & Brown challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx
    PS Happy Blogoversary! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely creation! Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, I love the flowers, thanks for sharing with us at Craft your passion and good luck, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to know you are reaching your goal!!! yay!!! Keep it up!
    Love the card, the colours, embellies... everything work so well together!!
    hugs
    Zee
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card - so many wonderful details!! You should be very happy with it :) Thanks for joining us at ATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alethea this is simply stunning. I love the colours youve used too - subtle and OMG its a fairy - now you know my love of these winged things !!! Thanks for playing along this week - a new challenge launches tomorrow.
    HAPPY BLOGAVERSAY to you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a sweet card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh this is lovely, the colours are gorgeous and the images so sweet!

    Thanks for joining us over at Craft Your Days Away this fortnight.
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the blue and brown. I very pretty cards and perfect sentiment.

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is very beautiful!! Love the images a lot!! ))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, love the colour combo, and of course Super images. lol. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on making top3 at The Crafty Pad! I hope you can join us again this week!
    I am now a follower of your lovely blog!
    ugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your stunning card, and on your weight loss. I love those fairy images too from Emerald Faerie Garden, adorable. Thanks for joining our 'make your own flowers' at Incy Wincy this week.

    By the way, I have candy if you're interested in entering!

    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card love the colours thanks for joining us this week at Incy Wincy.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card and love the colours you have used. I have only just found these faeries and love them.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning card! So pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing this week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that image and the colors of your card - beautifully done! Thanks for playing with FBW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card! The emboss color combo and flowers are fantastic!
    Thank You for joining in at All That Scraps this week!
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  24. A gorgeous card - I love your images, colour scheme and your flowers.

    Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Alethea,
    I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Blog-aversary!!! I've posted your your blog candy on my sidebar...Can't wait for your giveaway...Thanks for the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Alethea would you please email me Debbie
    craftypad-deb@hotmail.co.uk
    regarding a GDT spot. :)

    Thanks and look forward to hearing from you. :)

    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!