Monday, February 18, 2013

A Birthday Card for my Brother!!

Wow, can you believe this, my third post today!! If you would like to see my Craft Your Passion post or Seems a little Sketchy post then please keep scrolling...
It was my brothers birthday yesterday so we had a party for him and my niece (who turned 4 a week and a half ago). My sister made the cake and I made my brothers card!!
Isn't this awesome... My sister makes the most amazing cakes!!

 Now I'm not great at making male cards and really don't have a lot of male images so because my brother is always fixing or making something, whether it be a computer or a car, a bed base etc. So with that in mind I thought I'd use a stamp I haven't used before(and there are so many) ... Fix- It Christopher from Inky Impressions!!
I coloured Fix-It Christopher in with Tria Markers. The papers are all from my Scrap Stash (the SB papers are from Kaszazz), I wasn't sure what else to add to the card so I went through all my embellishments and found my little saw charm that is also from Inky Impressions. I attached it with the twine, then added the stars and buttons and used the sentiment from Make it Crafty!! I tore the paper for a bit of character...
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Inky Impressions - Ribbon or Twine
* My time to Craft - Men Only
* Sweet Stampin'- Stars and Stripes
* Raise the Bar - Anything Goes
* Cards Galore - One for the Men
* Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
* Whimsy Stamps - Add Some Metal

13 comments:

  1. Great card, so bright and cheerful, thank you for joining s at Cards Galore this month, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card - really love the bright colours you have chosen and that cake is awesome - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! The colors are great andi love the design - especially the tears! Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW! This is really adorable!! I love those bright primary colors for this too! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your colourful card and I'm sure your Brother did too! Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Charisma Cardz.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Alethea, that cake looks amazing! I hope you all had a good time yesterday.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! The cake looks gorgeous too, what a talented family! Glad you joined us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaawww love it!
    thank you so much for joining us at Charisma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card. And the cake looks pretty darn good too!

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card thanks for joining us at Whimsy xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely a wonderfully designed birthday card for a boy and such a beautiful cake too. Thanks for playing at Inky Impressions and good luck, Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love the bright colours. What a fab cake too! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!