Thursday, April 26, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's World April/May challenge!!

Well another eventful day in the life of Alethea.. Last night I went to get some groceries from the supermarket and on the way home got hit by a car and to top the night off the car drove off so I have to pay the excess on my insurance!! So it ended up being an expensive shopping trip.. I've had headaches all day wondering if I could have done something differently but at the end of the day my main concern was my kids. I had the choice of stopping my car in the middle of a bridge in peak hour traffic or quickly driving to the next intersection and turning around so I did the latter but by then the car that had hit me had gone!! Anyway, there is no point dwelling on it I know but it is still bothering me!!! And me and the boys are fine, just damage to the car thankfully!!

Anyway, today brings the start of a new ElĂ­sabeth Bell's World Challenge - "Spring is in the Air"so we want to see lots of flowers and spring time colours!!!
I used Little Rapunzel which you can get from Elisabeth Bell's Digital Collection along with many more adorable images!!!
I followed the Mojo Monday sketch and got a chance to use up some of my scraps. I coloured Little Rapunzel in with Tria markers. The sentiment is also an Elisabeth Bell stamp from WOJ from the 2010 Spring Kit!! To finish off the card I added flowers and kindyglitz!!!Head on over to the EBW Challenge Blog and check out what the rest of the DT have created!!

I am entering this into the following Challenges
* Going Grey with Scrap Creations - It's a Girl Thing
* Tuesday Throwdown - use some Sparkle
* Belle's n Whistle - Spring is in the Air
* Paper Creations Ink - April Showers bring May Flowers
* Pile it On - Sparkle and Shine
* Mojo Monday - Sketch
* Stampin for the Weekend - Sparkle and Shine

8 comments:

  1. Wow this is really pretty Alethea!
    Love those pretty assorted panels and the image is just coloured up so perfect....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card loving the colours will have to see what I can come up with lol
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no Leath what a horrible thing to happen I am glad that you are all okay. It is terrible that the other car left. I understand why you are still upset I would be too! I love your card it is awesome it reminds me of a quilt. Yesterday's card is fantastic too. I tri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Leath it's gone to publish so here is the second half. I was going to say I love yesterday's card too but blogger was playing up. I could type but the letters were disappearing out of the box. Have a wonderful birthday too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thanks for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink.

    hugs Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love this card. I haven't seen your blog before, but seeing this creation I will have a browse once I have hopped through all the lovely creations from the Digi Bells Blog Hop. The patches / squares are a lovely layout concept and needless to say the image is adorable. xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card! I really like the layout and the fun, summery colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown -- hope you join us again soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch on your car, but am glad to hear that your family is all ok. This is such a wonderful card. I am hooked on the background squares, they really make the card POP. Your image is adorable and wonderfully colored. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!