Tuesday, July 30, 2013

We're All Going on a Summer Holiday at Crafty Sentiments (GDT)

Good evening and welcome to a new challenge at Crafty Sentiments. I know it's only my second week as a GDT member but I am really enjoying creating with all the gorgeous images!! So thank you again to everyone at Crafty Sentiments for having me!
This week the challenge is "We're All Going on a Summer Holiday" - now it is winter here so it was fun creating a bright summery card. I had originally started off with an Aussie theme of Green and Gold colours but I added the orange just for a bit of contrast.
 
I coloured the "Primrose - Beach Life" in with tria markers and added crystal effects to the glasses to give it the glass look. I also used glitter pen on the dots on her bathers, rim of her glasses and flicked through her hat! For the card I started with yellow cardstock then added  orange then  strips of green. I kept the top and bottom of the card yellow to represent the sun and sand! I then put kindyglitz on it for texture! I added the twine, left the card for awhile cos I wasn't quite sure what embellishments to add. A day or two later I remembered I had a box of shells so I punched out some yellow circles covered them in kindyglitz and added the star shells. I left it there but when I went to take the photo I felt it needed something else so I added the thongs!!!
I hope that you can join us this week at Crafty Sentiments!  

4 comments:

  1. this is a fab card and i think she was very popular with the team too. Love your colours you picked so summery. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there! Great card! Love the image and the colours are just fab - beautiful summer card ! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alethea, this is fantastic, I love the gorgeous zingy colours.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo - congrats on you GDT position! I LOVE the colors you chose to use... reminds me of popsicles. I also enjoy reading your process on making the card - I do that - leave it for a day or so and then know it needs something else. fun card toots!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!