Sunday, August 18, 2013

Have a Heart at Polka Doodles

OMG I am so sorry for my tardiness!! I have been so organised getting my creations posted to my DT blogs in plenty of time but I forgot to write up my post for this Polka Doodles challenge! So I do sincerely apologise!!!
So this weeks challenge at Polka Doodles is Have a Heart! The DT were also challenged to use one of the  "DigiWorld Downloads" to help create our projects!
I used the Love Birds kit and decided to give the bird cage a go using the template and tutorial.
 
I printed out two full A4 pages of this paper from the Love Birds kit then printed the template on the back!! I did change this bird cage slightly  only because I didn't want to print out another whole page for a couple of bars! I fussy cut the love birds (which was a task when it came to the tail ) and stuck them together. I realised afterwards that the hearts on them were two different colours. I added a bit of kindyglitz to the hearts! I then added the twine to tie the birds in the cage and there is a brad at the top to hold the cage together. To finish off I just added a couple of heart embellishments (which you can see in the top picture)
You can get this template from the Love Birds kit in the  "DigiWorld Downloads" section in the Polka Doodles store. This and so many other kits are available for instant download so go check them out!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic project Alethea and would look great hanging in a window with the sun catching it.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~This is fab, must have a go at it one day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!