Monday, August 19, 2013

Lollipop Dreams - Crafty Sentiments August release!

I have to say I am very excited to be a part of Crafty Sentiments new release this month as I have had the honour of creating with some of the new images and they are just gorgeous. You will see some of the DT creations over on the Crafty Sentiments Inspiration blog over the next few days in the lead up to the new release.

So today we get to share with you the first of the new images - Off to the Ball!
When I first saw this image I immediately thought of "Maid Marion" so I decided to colour her in using those colours. It wasn't till later on that I read the name of this image!! I thought then that perhaps I was thinking along the wrong lines but thought she could be going to a dress up ball. Well that is my theory and I'm sticking to it...LOL.
I coloured  "Off to the Ball" in with tria markers and used a glitter pen to flick through some sparkle in her hair and jewels. I then partially cut her out with a die, which I then inked with squeezed lemonade distress ink.I used paper from the Basic Grey - kneehighs paper pad, then die cut some flourishes and stuck them down I wasn't sure what else to add, so I went through my embellishments drawer and found these fabulous white flowers which I never know how to use them and decided to cut them in half. I then just punched out some circles and cut them in half for the middle of the flower and added kindyglitz to them! And to finish off the card I randomly stuck pearls in all the gaps!!
I hope you like it... For more inspiration head on over to the Crafty Sentiments Inspirational Blog.

5 comments:

  1. A fab card and I like that green.

    Hugs
    Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely and yes we need Suzette to draw a robin now

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous Alethea - I think green really is her colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is gorgeous Alethea, love the image she looks beautiful how you have coloured her in.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you colors chosen...you colored her beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!